Stalking For Roe Deer near Girvan, Ayrshire.
Stalk: We have an arrangement for our members with the stalker here.
Please ask me for further information, but if you are a beginner training can be given. The stalk is on open land as well as woodland. We pay for two outings in your fee after this cost is your own responsibility we are trying to lease an apportionment of land to for our free use.
It is accompanied in as much he will take you to the high seat or a proper stalk and leave you to get on with it ring him when your done.
What species on land:
- Roe Buck: 1st April-Oct 20th.
- Roe Doe’s: Oct 21st – March 31st .
How to get there:
- Airport: We are 25 miles from Glasgow airport at Prestwick, approx 35 minutes by road, collection can be arranged.
- Train: Closed railway station is at Girvan, (3 miles by road), regular services from Glasgow.
From the North (Glasgow) :
- South on M77 to Kilmarnock.
- At Kilmarnock take A77 towards Ayr.
- Bypass Ayr on A77 to Girvan.
- At roundabout North of Girvan take left exit on B734 to Old Dailly.
- Go through Old Dailly, carry straight on past the first right hand turn signed Barr.
- Take the second right to Barr, Garryloop is the first house on left.
From the South (Carlisle) :
From the South take M6 North to A75 West, to Stranraer and Dumfries. Follow A75 and after Dumfries, at the village of Crocketford, take the first right which is the A712 signed to Corsock. Remain on this road through Corsock and then through Balmacllelan, after Balmaclellan you come to a T junction turn right to Ayr on the A713. Remain on this road and keep following Ayr, as you leave Dalmellington and pass a Jet garage, take the next left after about ¼ mile to Straiton.
At Straiton turn right at the T junction. Follow this road out of village and over the little bridge and after about 400yds turn left signed to New Dailly and Girvan. Stay on this road, you do come to a small fork but continue to the left to Girvan.
After you enter Dailly, continue for a further 3 miles and you come to a left turn signed for Barr, round a bend and obscured by the trees, you can miss it be careful. Take this road and we are first on left a top of hill after ¼ mile. ( Do not follow any Barr signs until after you have gone through Dailly).
- Telephone: 01465 871393, 07710 871190.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: South Ayrshire Stalking, Garryloop, Penkill, Old Dailly. Girvan, South Ayrshire, KA26 9TG.
Local at £25 per night.